My husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary this week.
Many couples have crossed greater marital milestones, but with my daughter and son-in-law in their first year of marriage and one of my dear friends marrying her high school sweetheart this weekend, I’ve been thinking about how my husband and I got from that day (see above) to now…
20. When I think he needs to change, I need to change my perspective before I open my mouth.
19. The things that irritate me the most about him are often reflections of my own weaknesses.
18. I am not the catalyst of change in his life. God is.
17. Prayer works. Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it!
16. It’s my responsibility to learn HIS language of communication to get “my point” across.
15. Men expect us to trust them, and are wounded when we don’t, even if we have a good reason.
14. No matter how much they deny it, men are just as emotional as women, and their egos are more fragile.
More to come on Wednesday!