I could think of no better way to introduce this second round of
marriage mawwage lessons. If you’re looking for #20-#14, click here.
13. A woman has the ability to verbally castrate her husband with just a few cutting remarks, particularly those made in a public setting. Sarcastic comments about one’s spouse, however amusing (or true) they may be, are best kept to oneself.
12. I’m responsible for my face, and he’s responsible for his face. My husband’s happiness is not my responsibility. Likewise, my happiness is not his responsibility.
11.The things that bother me about my body only bother him because they make me unhappy and/or inhibited. Men who are bothered by their wives’ bodies are generally insecure about their own bodies, and/or sexuality. (But if that describes your husband, don’t tell him he’s insecure… just tell him you think he’s gorgeous.)
10. Never, ever, send your husband to the store for paint, fabric, hair color, or anything that comes in a particular color. Even if you send him with a color swatch, a sample, and a picture on his iPhone.
9. Be gracious to him when you have to locate the mayonnaise, his black socks, his wallet, or his watch for the 400th time. Hopefully, he is equally gracious to you when you need a heavy object moved.
8. You don’t have to have a lot of things – hobbies, interests, etc. – in common to have a strong, healthy marriage, just a mutual desire to make the marriage work. (This observation comes from my 17-year-old son.)
7. If your husband perceives that you consider canoodling a “duty” or a “chore” he will be deeply offended. So if you have to add canoodling to your schedule in order to save up your energy till the end of the day, make sure you don’t tell him you “penciled him in.”
Look for the final six on Friday…